Monday 8 September 2014

Who They?



So who are all the visitors then?
I was getting a handful of highly intelligent visitors and now I am getting dozens of visitors! What is going on I ask?  Normally I attract a dozen at most, recently it has been 23, 49, 79, 82 even reaching 144 at one point!  Who they I ask?    
A quick look at the Blogger stats says little, it does not look too accurate to me, and after discounting the regulars, Google and other 'bots,' MI5, CIA and Scotland Yard (If you believe the media) then who are the others?  Not only who are they how come so few actually leave a comment?  Comments are not compulsory, reading this drivel can be a salutary lesson to the world as it is, but surely if these were normal visitors more would comment occasionally?
I wonder of somewhere a teacher makes the class read this daily as some kind of warning?  It may be a punishment of some kind, or possibly my ego is correct in assuming I am really worth a read day after day....what?.....oh!


Tonight I once again saw a stuttering, mediocre England side win a game by two breakaway goals against the run of play.  Once again I was surprised to see England playing in the easiest of groups while Scotland had one of the hardest, last night for instance Scotland played the World Champions and played them off the field only to lose too two lucky goals.  England never have that problem.  Now I am not saying there are questions to ask as to how Qatar and Russia obtained the World Cup finals in years to come but I will ask why does England gripe about that while obtaining the easiest qualifying group yet again!  
It was not always like this!  In the beginning Scotland was always superiour to their imperialist neighbour's.  The 'scientific football' developed in our egalitarian society enabled us to develop the passing game allied to our natural football skill.  It was only after the Great War, and more so after the 39-45 war that England began to take the initiative.  Today money talks in a way it did not in the past, foreign players abound in England and both Scotland and England have lost an edge in developing players for today.  Still, if the refs on your side it helps eh? 

.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Perhaps you have been attracting an even higher level of visitors, who realize that they dare not challenge your staggering intellect with comments? After all, when one has already said it all, there is nothing else left to say. So, they remain silent and in awe, as should we all.

soubriquet said...

I get paid to read your blog in order to skew the statistics.

Adullamite said...

Jerry, I accept that in the spirit in which it was given....

Soub, I believe you!

Lee said...

'Tis you they come to see, Mr. Ad-Man Methinks you're doing a fine job there!

Carol said...

Stats Schmats ~ they mean nothing and we cannot measure our worth by the number of visitors or reads. Don't be a slave to the blog.

Lady Di Tn said...

YOUR HUMOR SLAYS ME AND NOW MY SIDES HURT FROM LAUGHING. MAYBE YOU ARE SEVERAL CLASS READS. Our football has started and has been over shadowed by child abuse and spouse abuse. The dog killer Michael Vick got out of jail and went back to playing football so I guess these guys will also. BTW MV is now a back up quarterback for the Jets. I will not be watching them anytime soon. I really don't think they should be allowed to play the game again, just like ole Pete Rose in baseball. Off my soap box now. Peace

Adullamite said...

Carol, I am enslaved!

Lady, Is that soap box safe...?