Sunday 19 July 2015

A Walk in the Gardens, Eventually.



Naturally I have been experimenting when not lazing about the floor.  I remained closeted indoors today gain filling my empty head with images from the TV of the Tour de France or Motor bike racing.  One tired me out, men cycling up hills at twenty miles an hour does this, and the other made me laugh as riders kept crashing off spectacularly and all but one walked away.  He was OK I think.
In between I played with the fancy bits on the camera and try as I might could not get this coin to reflect the actual colour.  I have never seen this one before, VC on the back of a fifty pence pence but it is dated 2006!  I must be slipping, I must read my money better.



This mug was given to me by my niece, the brightest and best looking one.  She sent me this to match the teapot sent earlier!  One day she sent me a book, 'Grumpy Old Men,' an excellent read I must say but the title is incorrect.  She also sent on 'The Oldie' annual, and later 'The Real Dad's Army.'  Her husband must take better control of her I say.



Again no matter what I tried I could not catch the actual shade in which sat this bench.  Even after fiddling with it there is still no likeness to the original colour.  Maybe the camera is faulty...?  You do get funny looks when taking pictures of empty benches in the park.



I only sauntered out for ten minutes, walking slowly through the gardens being overtaken by old wives on Zimmer frames and older ones pushing older ones in wheelchairs.  Bah!  Almost as bad when in the eighties working in London the driver and I were upset to be given an old van to use.  We were more upset when overtaken by a walking funeral!   



4 comments:

Lee said...

I get funny looks even when not taking pictures of empty benches in the park. Actually, I never take pictures of empty benches in the park.

I get funny looks regardless! However, I give funny looks back!

One funny look deserves another funny look in my book! ;)

the fly in the web said...

Problems with the colour? This could be because you switched it on....

Unknown said...

Did the undertaker offer to check your pulse?

Adullamite said...

Lee, I can imagine you giving funny looks...

Fly, Oooooh! That made me laugh out loud!

Jerry, I wondered who the man in black following me was.