Monday 22 July 2013

Royal Baby Free Zone!



After considerable effort I found the only decent escape from that baby, radio!  TV News only had one subject, the 'Daily Mail' as expected has billions of badly spelt lines concerning the benefit takers baby, and the rest of the multi layer choice is pap!  So radio it is.  Radio 3 at lunchtime offered me Krzysztof Klabon as part of the Prom season.  I love this, you will hate it! Now I am listening to Hancock's half Hour once again.  Now this is comedy!  OK 'TalkSport' this morning is not everyone's cup of tea, not usually mine either, but in between adverts there is an occasional glimpse of quali....well let's not go to far.  Admittedly Radio 4 is too much middle aged, middle class women stuff but by using the schedule it is possible to dig around for some good items.


Another alternative to the goggle box infatuation can be found here on E-Bay.  Here I obtained two books on the cheap, including postage, which are bargain second hand tomes.  There are many complaints re E-bay but it is indeed worth a look.  Now I have found a couple of bookshops that send me books at charity shop prices I will be making use of them more, when I can afford it.

Aaaaaand when the sun shines what do you do in the afternoon to avoid the baby news?  This!



.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Just think, you will undoubtedly have at least two more weeks of non-stop breaking baby news before it tapers off to just half of the day or so.

Lee said...

Well, by now the baby boy has made his entrance into the world...8lb 6ozs of him!

I used to love "Hancock's Half Hour" ...Tony Hancock was funny - I used to think...perhaps nowadays my attitude has changed...I don't know.

As for Ebay...I use Ebay often to purchase stuff I need. I've never encountered any problems; and I only use Paypal whenever buying online; and I buy just about everything other than groceries/food online. I bought a new washing machine yesterday, online and it will be delivered and installed today.

Lee said...

Yep! It's me again...just a footnote.

I know all the coverage re the waiting on the birth of the royal baby has been probably a bit over-the-top; and I've made comments, too; but in truth, I'd rather hear about this kind of good, happy stuff than all the murders, rapes, burglaries, abuse, wars etc...and all the rest of the horrific stuff that goes on in our world.

There's nothing quite like a new baby. It doesn't matter if it's a royal baby or not...baby are very special little creatures.

Adullamite said...

Jerry, I note the number asking if the family will be given space by the press. This is taking up much space in said press!

Lee, Yes indeed this has a good news effect. However the needless hype is what gets me. It makes me somewhat cynical! And that is unusual!

soubriquet said...

What baby?

They all look the same anyway.
And.. why is one female mammal's parturition a big deal when babies are being popped out by women, from the screaming to the serene, every day?

Adullamite said...

Soub, Sadly I reckon there will be more interest in the future 'King of England' in Texas than in this area!

Unknown said...

What's a parturiton? Is that one of those quaint little regional colloquialism that you-all are infamous for, or just something Soub made up? Be assured that they will learn him how to talk right down in Texas!

Adullamite said...

Jerry, Soub is from Yorkshire, he will never learn to talk proper like wot I do.

Gerry Hatrić said...

I remember the day of Diana's funeral. The country shut down while everyone sat glued to their televisions. Apart from me, that is: I decided to walk the dog. The streets were deserted. Felt quite post-apocalyptic.

Adullamite said...

Bob, I was with you!