Saturday 6 August 2016

Nothing to Say


After a day at the museum working myself into my chair I have nothing to say.  Liverpool Street pictures have been used up, what is left is not great and my mind is dead after having to get up early and work.


In a corner of the entrance at St Magnus the Martyr stands this grimy iron relic.  Some claim it is a boundary marker but to me it is more likely to mark a fire hydrant or some such device.  E & S Poynder were plumbers in 1914 it appears and this strange device may be understood from that - possibly.  
Tonight I return to a search for a man who I searched for last year, or at least this time i look for his brothers who survived.  My frazzled brain is contemplating leaving it until tomorrow but it will have to be done soon.  

I leave you with this thought...




7 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

Haven't heard that joke before and it actually made me laugh... Though the reason might be that i have a soft spot for corny jokes!

Lee said...

And you say it so well....

Fun joke. Have a great weekend, Mr. Ad-Man. Will you be out herding the cattle, perhaps? :)

carol in cairns said...

You have outdone yourself on the blogging and photographic front this last week, so I suppose you can have nothing to say for one night.

Adullamite said...

Jenny, Corny jokes are special!

Lee, No!

Carol, That makes a change, saying nothing...

the fly in the web said...

I did enjoy the cow joke...finally able to see it when the electricity supply had been resumed after our hurricane.

Adullamite said...

Fly, I'll send some shillings for the meter.

soubriquet said...

Can't read the lettering on the cast iron thing, but I'd suspect it protects a piece of lead pipe coming up out of the ground and disappearing into the wall.