Sunday 23 October 2016

The Sunday Post


My Sunday has been as good as can be so far.  
The morning spent in St Paul's meeting good sinners left and right and home in time for the second half of St Johnstone playing Dundee.  Clearly I got the best bit of that one.
I followed this up with breaking my rule of ignoring the bigot brothers and watched the League Cup semi final between Rangers and Celtic.  Sadly my wish that both would lose did not occur and my hope that Rangers fans irked by Celtic scoring four goals would lead to an all out assault of the pitch did not occur either.  Fooled by Celtic's inability to get the ball past the excellent Rangers goalkeeper  the game was alive right up to the end when Celtic actually scored.  No invasion by the blue huns, no mass arrests, just 18 so far, so scandalous back page headlines after all, quite disappointing really.
However there was hope as I then turned to Chelsea playing Manchester United and missed the first goal as it was scored so early.  Man U managed to lose four nil and were lucky to get nil.  Paying vast sums of money for players might be a good idea if they are actually any good and able to play together as a team.  However when the tactics are wrong and the defence have never played football before as was clear today it appears the money was wasted.  Possibly money laundering by someone is occurring?


One of the classic snaps!
In 1974 when cycling my way down south I sauntered through Selby a wee place in Yorkshire.  I spent the night in a pub in Osgodby and as I travelled around the sky became a rare pink shade.  How lovely I thought and reached for my trendy wee Instamatic camera.  Here is the result, an evening shot of a pink sundown over the 'Oil & cake Mills,' Selby.  I was happy with this picture as I was with few others on my trip.  The place was enjoyable, the accommodation perfect, the sky wonderful.
I just forgot the spool in the camera was Black & White....


6 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Football clubs as money laundering devices......I must take a further look at the clubs here...

Adullamite said...

Fly, Several Russians have been at this for a while, as well as others allegedly.

the fly in the web said...

We do have crooked Chinaman representing Costa Rica on FIFA....

Lee said...

It might have been a black and white film but the colourful image remains in your mind.

Adullamite said...

Fly, That's good enough for us! Crooked & FIFA go together well!

Lee, Unusual as my mind is often black and white...

carol in cairns said...

I like the old photos.