Thursday 12 January 2017

Snow!


Today I found myself to brain dead to do anything of worth.  This was just as well as the temperature descended gradually as an Arctic blast has come across the nation offering freezing rain and this has turned to snow here.  It may last 48 hours but for many making their way home through the rush hour, especially those on bikes, it is an unwelcome visit.
I am sitting amongst the heat it should be said.  I offer them my sympathy!  Tee Hee! Once in Edinburgh, and only once, I left work in such a sleet come snow storm and had to cycle miles up a straight and very long road with this in my face.  It was not what I would call a delight!
Tomorrow morn as I make my way to Sainsburys I note they expect more snow with 20-40 mph winds in my face!  I might go hungry instead!

And for those who do not know what snow is...




2 comments:

the fly in the web said...

I opened the post and thought 'Turner'! Then I scrolled down the photograph to the cars...

Lee said...

Stunning photos, Adullamite.

It's as hot as Hades here at present and I'm truly sick and tired of the heat. It's exhausting, even though I find I'm not, and I refuse to, expend any unnecessary energy while it sticks around. I'm cranky! I'm cranky! I'm cranky....more than usual!!! :)

Remy and Shama, like me, are being very lazy. I feel so sorry for the poor little things in their fur coats! I'll be glad when summer is over. Already I'm wishing the year away!!