Saturday 28 April 2018

Market Drizzle


As it is wet, drizzly and not so hot the market has a special day.  Once again the wide variety of grossly overpriced foodstuffs bring out the crowds (Where do they get the money?) and as a special treat this month there are a few stalls selling the kind of overpriced hand made items women buy, whatever they are.  


I am always tempted to the bread but the price £3 or so a loaf puts me off.  It looks good and probably is good stuff but expensive being twice and more the price in Tesco's.  I suspect the variety of cakes available are also good but to fattening for my calorie controlled diet (with chips).  

   
Once again the car folks brought out their pride and joy into the drizzle.  A different crowd from last time and I suspect that when the sun shines regularly there will be more of these on show.  I am not clear as to why that guy has his bonnet up, possibly he broke down, possibly he is showing off his clean well tended engine.


Somehow I managed to spend nothing but a few quid on mealworm pellets for the Starlings that are breeding just now.  The brutes have emptied the feeders already this morning and trying to empty them again this afternoon.  A single Blue Tit has been spotted there but few other wee birds.
Guarding my money carefully I came limping slowly home and have spent the day watching football!
What more can a man want?
Oh yes, a woman to iron a shirt for tomorrow...



3 comments:

the fly in the web said...

I too wonder where the money comes from the pay the prices I saw on the stalls in Winchester...and who buys the tat i saw on the stalls of what was once Southampton market...now a sort of rained on souk.

Kay G. said...

That bread looks really good. I don't have much bread because my husband must be gluten free. You would think I would like any old bread but somehow not having it much makes me all the more particular about the bread that I do have. Funny how that works!
Looks like the cold spring is back for you. It was sunny and warm there for a while!

Adullamite said...

Fly, The markets are not what they were.

Kay, Gluten free now popular here but pricey.