Monday 21 May 2018

Media Clickbait


How much clearer life is when the papers are not filled with that wedding!  
Forty million pounds wasted on the benefit scroungers and masses of papers sold to those buying souvenir editions that will remain tucked away in cupboards for years to come. 
Bah! To all that I say!
Half the UK want to keep the monarchy, the other half do not.  The decent half cannot understand why people fawn over the royals, what is it that such silver spooned folks have that makes people wish to be near them?  Is it a desire to be one of them?  Just imagine living your life surrounded by underpaid fawning staff and grubby overpaid media personnel who will sentimentalise you today and stab you in the back tomorrow, do such folks really want that?  I feel sorry for the royals as none of them want to be in their position, however many in the nation do not wish to be in the position they are in either and just have to get on with it.  A life of luxury has its costs as much as a life at the bottom end.
Looking at the media all those I glanced at today were filling half their online pages with the wedding and the aftermath, this is them cutting down!  Clearly the media on all sides are pushing this heavily for the clickbait and realise there is an audience out there willing to be led like sheep.  It is indeed a worry that people are so easily fooled by such pomp, what is it within us that makes people seek celebs so desperately?  Clearly the hunger for God is within us all and requires satisfaction but half the church yesterday, if not all, were glued to their screens.  It may surprise you to know I missed it all.  I feel none the worse for that.


5 comments:

the fly in the web said...

That Saturday was a day to remember...we were up and about very early...just as well as Luz and female friends arrived to watch the blasted wedding! I explained that i could not get BBC so they were out of luck, but unfortunately had The Guardian online page open and, guess what? Watch the Royal wedding live stared out at me...and at them. I was doomed.
Luz's niece had worked out the time difference....they had not bothered to ring us as they just knew we would be watching the thing...and 'very early' was four in the morning....
I have spent today making cakes and biscuits to replace the mountain consumed on Saturday...after my translation and explanation session I reckon I could replace all the TV presenters in creation.
At least there were no Royal Peculiars to have to explain...just a lot of peculiar royals...
Oh for a bucket of whisky...

Jenny Woolf said...

I guess it is an unusual event, a royal wedding, and not slimy politicians stabbing each other in the back and selling us all down the river, or people being slain or bitching at each other. Something to be said for that. I personally think that being a royal is a violation of their human rights, they don't have any choice in it. Oh well. Other peoples lives, eh?

Adullamite said...

Fly, Oh how I laughed at that! How you get such luck I fail to imagine! I can understand the cakes going and how lucky you are to have the wedding to watch at that time of day. I understand the whisky also.

Jenny, I await the day of Brexit as that is the day they will announce or present the baby!!!!

the fly in the web said...

I am now sort of used to people dropping in en masse without notice....but this lot were the icing on the wedding cake!
Leo had had a bad night, so we had decided to get up, make a cup of tea and see how he felt later...then the horde descended!
Two regular computers on full screen and the old laptop likewise kept them happy enough...but the questions were never ending...nor were they very PC....
Still, they enjoyed themselves and are now the envy of the neighbourhood in that they saw the whole stramash live...

Adullamite said...

Fly, How nice to have friends....:)